Thursday, June 19, 2014

National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month

Yum! June marks National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month, and I gotta tell ya, I’m pretty excited about this one!
(Image found at: http://foodarc.ca/blog/3137/)
For the past three years (this is my first summer away), I have been living in the greatest area for producing fruit in vegetables in Canada. Nova Scotia’s valley is the birthplace of endless supplies of fruits and veggies, from apples to carrots to Brussels to peaches and strawberries and squash and cukes and kale and tomatoes and, well, I could go on for a while here. The point is, fresh fruit and vegetables are pretty much the greatest things ever. Don’t believe me? Try living in a place where you can pretty much wake up, walk for ten minutes and have all of these amazing things freshly picked in your hands! It’s pretty wonderful! Plus, the benefits of eating these tasty items are another reason why they’re so good. You get lots of nutrients, vitamins, and just the plain ‘ol joy of happiness when you eat them.
(Image found at: http://growingnovascotia.ca/opportunity-profiles/horticulture-industry)
This month, I challenge you to try a new fruit or veg each day! There’s so many to choose from, and many even have multiple varieties, so you have no excuse to not take me up on this! Eat up, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment