Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Potty Training Awareness Month

Oh Potty Training Awareness Month! Where have you been all my life?! 
…does anyone else find it odd that we need a whole month to become aware of potty training?!  
Well, apparently potty training is a difficult thing to do…both as trainer and trainee. To be honest, I have never been in the trainer position, and I don’t remember my trainee days, but since I can successfully use the toilet, I’d say I did alright! 
Look, I get it, having to show the many little peanuts how to use a bathroom is pretty difficult. I’ve heard of an array of nifty tricks, such as the use of Cheerios as “target practice” for boys. The thing is, and I’m pretty sure this is not the aim of Potty Training Awareness Month, this is actually a luxury that we take for granted. Not everyone has access to a toilet, and therefore we should probably take a minute to appreciate how lucky we are to have the facilities and the parents/caregivers with enough patience and free time to show us the way. In fact, this is actually a pretty big sharing of knowledge when you really think about it. So, congrats to everyone who has successfully completed training, and an even bigger congrats to those of you who have provided training!

No comments:

Post a Comment