Friday, June 21, 2013

World Music Day


Well, if it isn’t a little dose of happiness after a few heavy Days! It’s World Music Day!! 

Music is thought to be the universal language, or maybe that’s love…I’m not sure. To be honest, I’m not so great at either! Regardless, music is pretty awesome! There are many styles and genres, levels of volume and talent…something for everyone. I don’t have a preferred type of music that I listen to, I pretty much like all styles. For me, it really depends on the mood I am in on a particular day.

World Music Day, or Fête de la Musique, is a celebration of music. The worldwide celebration began in France in 1982, with the idea of having a musical celebration for the summer Solstice. World Music Day is celebrated in 504 cities from 104 countries. Pretty cool, eh?

May you all enjoy a day of music regardless of your favourite genre! And to help you prepare for this wonderful celebration, why not fill out today’s poll by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment