Tuesday, July 23, 2013

National Gorgeous Grandma Day

Woot-woo! Today is National Gorgeous Grandma Day! And let me tell you, I am lucky enough to have had three beautiful grandmothers! Below is a picture of my Gramma (or Chez Gramma, as I liked to call her). She passed away a few months ago, but man was she a babe back in the day! Unfortunately, I don’t have pictures of my other grandmothers to share with you from when they were younger.


National Gorgeous Grandma Day is a unique and wonderful day to celebrate, I feel. It’s not very often that we take a moment to appreciate these special people. All three of my grandmothers were talented in their own way (only one is still living). The grandmother pictured above was an excellent crafter. She made teddy bears almost until the day she died. She was very gifted in this sense and to top it off, she would donate many of them to various charities and volunteer groups. To me, this is what made her so beautiful – her kindness. My Mother’s ma, is still loving, and she makes sandwiches every week for a local homeless shelter (something she has done for 30 years!). She also donates to many charities, and is an excellent baker. This makes her a beauty, on top of the fact that this woman was movie star material when she was a teen! And, finally my Nanny (my father’s mother) - she was a crazy Newfoundlander. She had the ability to make people laugh, and was so welcoming. What’s more gorgeous than the ability to create laughter?! It doesn’t take much to find the beauty of those around us…we just have to look for it and acknowledge it! What makes your Grandma gorgeous? Click here to tell us on the daily poll!

No comments:

Post a Comment