Wednesday, October 30, 2013

National Candy Corn Day


Wooo! It’s National Candy Corn Day! 
(Image found at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_corn)
Candy corn is “a confection in the United States and Canada, popular primarily around Halloween. Candy corn was created in the 1880s by George Renninger of the Philadelphia, PA-based Wunderle Candy Company.” It can be identified by its three-tiered colour scheme of yellow, orange and white. 

Now, I’m sure many of you are thinking, these candies are nasty, however, there is just something about them that make you want to eat them over and over again. They nearly repulse me, but every year I find myself with a handful or two of candy corn, and within five pieces I am instantly regretting it! But, now I don’t have to wait until Halloween to get my fill, because there are variations available, such as red, green and white Reindeer Corn, red, pink and white Cupid Corn, or an assortment of pastel colours that make up Bunny Corn.

Fun Candy Corn Fact: Based on the statistics from the National Confectionaries Association, each year approximately 20 million pounds of candy corn are sold! Yikes! 

Haven’t had your fill? Vote on the Daily Poll!

No comments:

Post a Comment