Wednesday, October 02, 2013

National Name Your Car Day


Now here’s a day I can get into – it’s National Name Your Car Day! Anyone who knows me knows one of the first things I love to do when I get a new car (which isn’t often by any means), is name it!

My very first car, a 1990 light blue Honda Civic Hatchback, was named Bessie. She was the best car ever. When we finally parted ways, she was so rusted, that when it rained, it would come through the floor of the car. We also couldn’t use the radio when it rained!

My second car, a 1995 Toyota Tercel was lovingly named “the Dirt Mobile” because I am disgusting, and therefore so was it! This car survived Hurricane Juan, and had several dents as a result.

Next I had a Pontiac Sunfire and a Mitsubishi Eclipse (two of the worst cars ever!). They got me to from point A to B, but they came with a lot of problems (mainly my ex-boyfriend), so we don’t talk about them…

And then, I met one of the loves of my life, another blue Honda Civic. She wasn’t as good as Bessie, but a very close second. This one I named Gertie, after Drew Barrymore’s character in one of my all-time favourite movies, E.T. Unfortunately, we had to part ways, because feeding myself and having a place to live was a higher priority than driving.


Now I drive another Honda Civic (of which I do not like the colour). This one I named Monty, after Montgomery Moose from the Get-Along-Gang!


So there you have it, my vehicle naming history! Have you ever named your car? If so tell us in the comments section below. And, don’t forget to vote on the Daily Poll!

No comments:

Post a Comment