Saturday, October 19, 2013

National Evaluate Your Life Day


Happy National Evaluate Your Life Day! The purpose of today is to take a step back and look at where you are in life. For some, this may be difficult, for others this may be something you can smile at. Me? I think I’m at more of the second option.

If I'm going to properly evaluate my life, I would have to be fully honest with myself. Sure, I’m not anywhere near where I thought I’d be at my current age of 28, but really, who is? And, let’s face it, at this point in my life, I figured I would be some insanely famous musician travelling the world, making it a better place. I set myself to fail this one, as I neither play any instruments (at least well enough to make a career of it), nor have I ever actively tried to be in a band/make any attempt to become a famous musician…or even a not so famous one! The only time I am even remotely close to this rockstar “life plan” is when I’m alone…in my car…

I’m not afraid to state that I have failed significantly throughout my life thus far. In fact, I’ve experienced countless heartbreaks and disappointments, some of which I could have avoided, while others I could not. I’m nearly 10 years behind where I “should” be. But, at the end of the day, I think I’ve finally reached a point where I have come to realize I have it pretty good. It took me a long time to get to where I am, physically, mentally, geographically, etc. I am proud of who I am becoming. I am smart, funny, kind, compassionate, passionate, nurturing, friendly (sometimes), adventurous, creative, and driven. I am far from perfect, and that’s perfectly okay with me. I have failed immensely in the past, and am certain I will a bunch more in the years to come. But, I learn from each one. They make me stronger and I live with no regrets. For each mistake, failure, heartbreak, or disappointment has made more of an impact on shaping who I am today than any of the things that have “gone well” throughout my life. To be honest, they make me far more appreciative of what I have.

So, in fairness of today’s Day, my honest evaluation of my life is that I still have plenty to learn and experience. I have many places left to see and people to meet. I am on the path I know I’m meant to be on; a path I am creating for myself with a few choice people by my side to support and encourage me. If my life were to be given a score out of 100, I’d rate mine at least at a 95%. I have several reasons to complain, but know that does nothing to make my life any better, nor those who surround me. I am content with where I’m at and where I’m trying to get to. And I can’t wait to see what’s coming my way.

How about you? Vote on the Daily Poll today!

No comments:

Post a Comment