Tuesday, May 13, 2014

National Moving Month

Ah May…a month filled with multiple monthly celebrations of all sorts! It all seems a little chaotic, don’t you think? Well, what’s more chaotic than preparing for a move? Interestingly amongst all this craziness, May happens to be National Moving Month! This makes sense, as May traditionally is the beginning of the moving season (which I know from my previous occupation in this industry!). Perhaps this is because university is finishing up around this time, or perhaps it is just the anticipation of summer that creates this.
 Moving is one of my least favourite things to do, and I will most likely be doing quite a bit of this in the near and distant future. For one, I’m leaving my country for a short stint (for which I am currently undertaking), and then who knows! But, despite all of the unpleasantness of moving, often times moving means beginning a new chapter of life, which generally speaking, is usually something that is positive. So, for those of you braving the madness of packing and unpacking and coordinating this month – all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment