Wednesday, January 30, 2013

National Creative Answering Machine Message Day/National Escape Day


Happy National Creative Answering Machine Message Day! This unique day celebrates the wonders of answering machines. Am I the only one that hates leaving a message? Perhaps, you might like to escape that all together? And, since its also National Escape Day, what’s holding you back? For me, it’s an expensive education and lack of travel funds! If I could, I’d head back to Alaska. That was by far the best escape I’ve ever had!

Me kayaking in Juneau, Alaska (that's the Mendenhall Glacier in the distance!):


A shot of the Chilkat Mountain Range from the top of Mt. Robert's:



Back to Answering Machine Messages…The answering machine itself was invented by Valdemar Poulsen in 1898! Since then, these machines have transformed dramatically! Does anyone aside from my Mom still use a traditional answering machine? The answering machine message is obviously a direct impact of the machine itself. The recording is usually some plain ‘ol boring message that directs a caller to leave a message, but some can get quite creative!

So, let’s celebrate those with a sampling of some of the awesome ones I found with a quick YouTube search. A little Seinfeld Action, Mission Impossible?, Laugh-A-Thon, Aussie School and one lady’s humorous, but annoying messages left by her mother! Please note: this is not my mother! 

No comments:

Post a Comment