Friday, February 15, 2013

National Gumdrop Day/National Do A Grouch A Favour Day


It’s National Gumdrop Day! I intended to take a picture of me enjoying some of these delicious sugary treats, but…with all the stress of school this week, I hate them already! Now I’m grumpy and grouchy (nevermind Mom!) …which is convenient since it’s also National Do A Grouch A Favor Day! So…someone should come bring me some more gumdrops…or chips Either way I’ll be happy!

Let’s get serious for second. Gumdrops are awesome, however, I think we need to clarify something. They are best when the green ones are lime flavored and not mint of some form. Although, I’m not sure why I care, because I really only like the red and white ones (what? I’m patriotic when I eat gumdrops!), which is the only reason I enjoy Valentine’s Day. Wait a minute! Maybe that’s why there are so many grouchy people…they didn’t have Valentines!

That being said, I think it’s important to note that gumdrops are basically little drops of sugar with various artificial colors and flavors mixed in. Sure, that might sound unhealthy, but what isn’t these day?! In the US there are three additional types of popular gumdrops: orange slices, licorice babies, and spearmint leaves. They are also the key ingredient in “Gumdrop Cake” and a decorative favorite for gingerbread houses. There are many recipes to make homemade ones, but be forewarned, abort mission as soon as the idea of attempting to do so pops into your head. Its tedious, and they are nothing like the store bought nuggets of happiness/eventual cause of obesity. Well…unless you really need a good reason to curse like a sailor and waste a roll of parchment paper (right, Mom?!). Luckily it only took two tries for me to realize this, so I am imparting my knowledge onto you!

May you make the day of a grouch by doing him or her a favor, and also consume obnoxious amounts of gumdrops!

Have you participated in National Do A Grouch A Favor Day? Tell us what you did below!

No comments:

Post a Comment