Sunday, May 19, 2013

National Bike To Work Day

Happy National Bike To Work Day, folks! I’d like to say I did in fact bike to work today, but, I’m off today, and if I did bike to work, it would be pretty silly, considering it would take me less time to walk than to get on the bike itself!

Biking to work or school or anywhere really, is an excellent form of exercise, and has positive impacts on the environment. Imagine if everyone chose bikes instead of cars! Okay, so the production of the bikes themselves isn’t overly beneficial to the planet, but in terms of lifetime impacts, one could say that they are substantially better than using a vehicle! Plus, do you get exercise while driving your car? I don’t think so. I mean sure, those dance moves you attempt while listening to the latest Bieber tune when you think no one is looking can burn a calorie or two, but that in no way compares to what you’d burn if you parked it and biked to work! So do just that! Today I challenge you to park your car and bike to work, the grocery store or where ever you are heading today!

And, don’t forget to vote on todays poll! You can do so by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment