Friday, May 10, 2013

National Clean Up Your Room Day


It’s National Clean Up Your Room Day today! In celebrating today’s national day, an opportunity is provided to make time to tackle a task that many push off until it is absolutely necessary…or is that just me? Oddly enough, unlike National Clean Off You Desk Day, I don’t have to clean my room! In fact, I think this is the longest I have ever gone without needing to, which is sad, because I moved less than 2 weeks ago, and haven’t really been home enough to actually mess it up. Don’t be concerned about my “erratic” behavior though, once the summer is in full swing and summer classes and work begin to overwhelm me, there will be a time when I will look back on today’s national celebration and thing, “if only it were today!”

I’m not sure what it is that makes so many of us cringe at the thought have tidying up our most private living area. I mean, really, it usually is nothing more than sorting clean clothes from the dirty ones, and maybe picking up a book or two that were thrown carelessly on the floor. Regardless, it’s silly to put off what will essentially equate to maybe a half an hours work! So, get off your butt and pick up dem clothes people! Need a little extra motivation to do so? Crank up some tunes, set a timed goal, or make it a household competition! Now, if you’re looking to make it an “Extreme Room Cleaning” adventure, why not do all three at once?! And, once you’ve completed this task, why not complete the daily poll?!

No comments:

Post a Comment