Sunday, November 24, 2013

National Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day


                So, today is National Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day! 

                I don’t actually know what my unique talent would be, because I’m fairly certain researching silly “National” holidays is not considered to be a talent! In fact, the only thing unique about me is that I don’t have a unique talent at all. I mean, what is “unique” anyway? 

                Well, “unique” means “something or someone is unlike anything or anyone else” or “very special or unusual” or “belonging to or connected with only one particular thing, place, or person.” OR, perhaps it’s a member of the Backyardigans? 
(Image found at: http://backyardiganteen.webs.com/characters.htm)
                A “talent” is a special ability that allows someone to do something well.” Unique talents on the other hand can have a wide range, including: 
  • Ventriloquism 
  • Yodelling, 
  • Beatboxing, 
  • Touching the tip of your nose with your tongue  
  • Playing songs on touch tone dial phones 
  • Burp talking 
  • Impersonations 
  • Running backwards 
  • Naming a species of bird solely by hearing their sound 
  • And so many more (I hope!)! 

                Still unsure what your unique talent is? Take this short quiz to find out. I don’t actually know how valid it is, but meh, it’s fun and takes all of 2 minutes. I took it, and it told me I was an Artist, but I’m not exactly sure how that was determined based on my answers… 

                 Anyway, I wish you all the best in discovering and celebrating your unique talents today! Don’t forget to vote on the Daily Poll today!


No comments:

Post a Comment