Sunday, April 28, 2013

National Blueberry Pie Day


Happy National Blueberry Pie Day! 

Blueberry pie is a super delicious pie filled with (hopefully) loads of yummy blueberries! This type of pie was  “first eaten by early American settlers and remains a popular dessert in the United States and around the world.” Apparently it is also the official dessert of Maine. …I think I need to visit Maine!

Blueberry pie used to be one of my favourites…until the blueberry pie incident of 1991. You see, when I was first going to school, I wasn’t overly keen on the idea of having to part ways with my Mom for a few hours a day. So, I used to go home “sick” a lot, with what my mother affectionately describes as “Motheritis.” It’s a serious condition, which should not be tested – particularly on the infected’s birthday! So, I had blueberry pie for my birthday, and was feeling a little bit uneasy about being in school, away from my mom…and since she had caught on to my little plot to spend more time with her, she informed the school that unless I threw up or was bleeding, they weren’t allowed to call her to come get me. Well, on this particular occasion, I threw up! And, boy did I ever! All I remember is a very white, fluffy, snow-laced parking lot, covered in a lot of blueish-purple remnants of pie! I hope this little tale does not deter you from consuming such a delicious dessert today!

Don’t forget to fill out today’s poll, by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment