Thursday, March 07, 2013

National Cereal Day


Happy National Cereal Day everyone!!!

Cereal is “a grass cultivated for the edible components of their grain, composed of the endosperm, germ, and bran.” Breakfast cereal, on the other hand (and is I’m sure what most of you were thinking of), is “a food made from processed grains that is often eaten with the first meal of the day. It is often eaten cold, usually mixed with milk (e.g. cow's milk, soy milk, rice milk, almond milk), juice, water, or yogurt, and sometimes fruit, but may be eaten dry.” And, I’d just like to point out how the quote states cereal can be eaten dry. There have been many people throughout my life that have ridiculed my confusion surrounding dumping milk on cereal.  It gets all mushy and soggy. It’s weird. Why do people do that? My brother however, may or may not have experimented with pouring apple juice on his cereal. Sure he was probably only 3 or 4, but where’s the fun in this story by pointing that out? ...mind you, he also eats All Bran Buds like there's no tomorrow! 

So in honour of National Cereal Day, I salute you Capn’ Crunch, for I am not too coo-coo for cocoa puffs. And, Toucan Sam, you may just follow your nose, but Lucky just follows the rainbow to take him to those incredible marshmallowy treasures hidden amongst that terribly cardboard-esque “cereal.” To Tony the Tiger, you may just be gggggggggggreat, but you got nothing on that Wizard from Alphabets, who I miss so much! And while I always have enough of that sugar crisp, there’s just something about Count Chocula that equally intrigues and repulses me! Enjoy today folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment