Wednesday, March 13, 2013

National Earmuff Day


Iiiiiiiittttttttt’s National Earmuff Day! Plus, its also National Jewel Day… and no, not the singer!

Earmuffs were invented by Chester Greenwood, at the ripe ‘ol age of 15, in 1873. Rumour has it (and by “rumour” I mean I read it on Wikipedia), that young Chester came upon the idea of earmuffs while ice-skating. His initial prototype was fashioned by his grandmother who sewed together a “tufts of fur between loops of wire.” However, when I think of earmuffs, I think of my Mother. The two basically go hand-in-hand. She is one earmuff wearin’ lady! If only I could find me a pair that had a muffin design on them - that way I’d be able to wear ear-muffins! Have a great day everyone! I hope you do not require this “stylish” accessory!


No comments:

Post a Comment