Tuesday, March 05, 2013

National Stop the Clocks Day/National Fun Facts About Names Day


Ah yes, the “National Holidays” all students wish they had the ability to make happen…National Stop the Clocks Day! Seriously, with numerous essays and reports due throughout the remaining few weeks of school (I have, I believe I counted, 9 in the next three weeks), wouldn’t it be wonderful to have the ability to make time stop long enough to get everything done AND have a social life?!? While I’m sure there is actual significance unrelated to the hardships of a student, the only information my research turned up was on the band Oasis.

So…moving on, today also marks National Fun Facts About Names Day! Let’s take a few moments to learn some fun facts about names!

·      The Pillsbury Doughboy’s actual name is Poppin’ Fresh.
·      The World’s Longest Name belongs to a gentleman named, Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenberdorft Sr., or Mr. Wolf Plus 585 Sr.
·      Gargamel’s cat’s name is Azreal.
·      The original mascot of Alphabets cereal was a post many named, Loveable Truly.
·      The giant record who played the spoons in Size Small was named, Friend Record.
·      Nickelback got their name because band member, Mike Kroeger worked at Starbucks, where because of the pricing structure, he would often ask customers if they would like their “nickel back.” Note…as a Canadian, and someone who has a semi-decent taste in music, I am saddened at referencing this terrible, terrible band. I apologize

And, in an attempt to make up for my Nickelback reference, I will leave you with one of my favourite clips of Friend Record! Enjoy!

Know of any fun facts about names? Share them below in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment