Friday, August 09, 2013

International Art Appreciation Day


Today marks International Art Appreciation Day. This I must say, is something I am happy to celebrate, as it is not a skill that I have (evidence can be found by referring to National Draw A Picture of A Bird Day)! I am always marveled by the ease some have with putting a vision in their mind onto paper or creating some incredible sculpture. My good friend, Kate, is the perfect example of this. Every time I go to visit her, she is working on some new project, and each one is equally amazing! Look, you don’t have to be rich or even educated to be able to celebrate or appreciate the work that goes into any given piece. Mind you, some famous “works” are far from inspirational, but they still play an important role in the art world. So why not today spend a few minutes browsing the web for past and current artists. Even better, check out a local-to-you artist. Find an art show or art gallery and go for visit! So many options!

Don’t forget to vote on the daily poll

No comments:

Post a Comment