Friday, August 30, 2013

National Toasted Marshmallow Day


Happy National Toasted Marshmallow Day everyone! 
(Image found at: http://brownink.com/2012/06/are-you-ready-for-the-summer/kc-single-marshmallow-roasting/)

Now, I can’t really participate in this day, but I will live vicariously through you! See, I loves me some campfire-toasted marshmallows…and the more burnt the better. That is the key, after all. Here’s my rationale: if you slightly (or mega) burn the fluffy little chunk of gelatinous heaven in your mouth, then you can peel that layer off and toast the remainder.
If you’re really lucky, you can get a couple of rounds out of this method! There are some negative impacts to eating them this way, I’m sure, but what’s a little carcinogenic contamination every once in a while?! You know, I used to love toasted marshmallows so much, that I used to light candles or use a lighter to toast them in my room when I was younger. And, while I certainly do not recommend that you do this (let me say that once again I DO NOT recommend that you do such a silly thing!), it did give into those late-night toasted marshmallow cravings. Mind you, it also got me grounded for nearly burning down the house!

Regardless of how you prefer the burntness of your marshmallows, may you enjoy one today! But first, perhaps you could vote on the ‘ol daily poll to tell us how you like your marshmallows toasted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment