Thursday, December 19, 2013

National Oatmeal Muffin Day


Happy National Oatmeal Muffin Day! I don’t know about you, but I love oatmeal muffins…with raisins! 
(Image found at: http://www.sunmaid.com/recipes/recipe/Raisin_Oatmeal_Muffins.html)
Oatmeal muffins are perceived as being a healthier muffin, but in reality, it’s no different than any other variety. They do tend to have higher levels of my favourite – dietary fibre! (Boy, I haven’t been able to work that in to a post in a while!) Some bakers through things into the mix, such as raisins, seeds, and such, but they can also just be plain. Either way, I think they are tasty! And just like National Baked Cookie Day, they are best fresh out of the oven, with a little butter melted on them… mmm oatmeal muffins…  
(Image found at: http://www.closetcooking.com/2008/08/blueberry-maple-oatmeal-muffins-with.html)
Well, I guess I know what I’ll be baking today! Give me a little guidance and vote on the Daily Poll!

No comments:

Post a Comment