Monday, December 23, 2013

National Roots Day


Happy National Roots Day! 
Today is about celebrating where you’re from! Perhaps an odd time of year to celebrate this, but maybe not, being as this time of year is generally focused on family (or at least it’s supposed to be!). 
I have to be honest; I’m not overly familiar with the history of my family. I know the origins of my parents, grandparents, and great grandparents, but after that, I’m afraid it is quite blurry! I think learning this is interesting, and helps us to better understand ourselves. I feel fortunate that I know what I do about my family history, but wish I knew more. 
Anyway, enough about my family; take a minute or two to reflect on what you know about your own and what you’d like to learn more about! But first – the Daily Poll! Click here to vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment