Wednesday, September 18, 2013

National Cheeseburger Day


Happy National Cheeseburger Day! Yummmmmmy! Too bad I am unable to eat these delicious entities! Now whenever I hear the word “cheeseburger” I immediately think of one of my old running buddies, Stephanie, who when we were running in the early hours of the day would insist the birds singing were teasing her by saying “cheese-burger.” If only they would have brought us one…

A cheeseburger is “a hamburger topped with cheese.” Apparently in it’s traditional form, the slice of cheese is placed gently across the meaty patty, like a mother placing a blanket over her newborn child. Okay, so maybe not so delicately, but you get the point! The practice of adding this cheesy layer began sometime in the 1920s, gaining popularity throughout the next decade. It was Lionel Sternberger who is said to have invented the cheeseburger. Interesting that he has “burger” pretty much in his name, eh?! And just to tease you, here’s an image of a delicious, mouth-watering McDonalds hamburger...
(Image found at: http://www.wakeus.com/?p=987)

Oh man, I wish I could eat one of these!

Now that I have peaked your interest, why not vote on the Daily Poll?! You can click here to have your say of the best cheeseburger!

No comments:

Post a Comment