Saturday, July 13, 2013

National Cow Appreciation Day


Well, well, well…It’s National Cow Appreciation Day. I’m probably the last person to be writing anything praising these creatures. Not only am I allergic to them, but I also blame them for causing so much harm to our planet. Rant time! It is my opinion, that if we were to rid ourselves of bottled water (all plastic bottled products are evil, but water is just pointless!), and cows, our “climate crisis” would be severely reduced! You see, cows produce a lot of C02 emissions…way more than the automobiles we drive so carelessly. Now, don’t get me wrong, I in now way am suggesting that we shouldn’t be looking for other alternative methods of transportation so that we can further reduce our impact on the planet, but, we’re foolish if we deny what is so obvious. Apparently cows produce 18% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions, compared to human activity, which produced 0.28% (there are many varying estimates, but they are all generally quite similar)! And yet they all look soooooo innocent!
But, since it is National Cow Appreciation Day, I probably should say something good about them…like how cute they are, with their long eyelashes. Or their taste flesh grilling quietly on the BBQ. Cows do provide us with nourishment, but (sorry, I couldn’t keep with the theme of appreciating them) they harm us way more than they help. They require a lot of resources  (land space, vegetation, etc.) in order for us to produce them for all of their “benefits.” Sure they taste good, but they aren’t overly necessary in the grad scheme of things! And, don’t even get me started on milk and how that industry has grown drastically in the last few decades! Aaaarrrrrggggggg!

Well, I’d love if you would fill out the daily poll. In fact, I might even appreciate it! And, since I don’t want to leave you on a negative note, here’s a series of photographs of me attempting to “appreciate” a cow.

Goin' for it...
We've made contact!
Abort! Avoid future contact!
*Photos courtesy of my pal, Katie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment