Friday, July 05, 2013

National Workaholics Day


To my fellow workaholics I say, Happy National Workaholics Day! 

A workaholic is “a person who is addicted to work. The term generally implies that the person enjoys their work; it can also imply that they simply feel compelled to do it.” According to Wikipedia, “workaholism is not the same as working hard.” The term “workaholic” was first used by Wayne Oates in 1968, but didn’t really catch on until the 1990s. Are you a workaholic? Take the “Are you a workaholic quiz” by clicking here

Don’t work too hard today folks. In fact, why not take a break and vote on the daily poll!

*I would just like to point out that as I typed in “workaholic symptoms list” in Google Images (hoping to find an image I could use instead of the link to the quiz), the third image to appear was a photograph of Rob Ford. Really Google? THAT’S your example of a workaholic?? Yikes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment