Sunday, July 07, 2013

National Forgiveness Day


Today is a big day, folks – its National Forgiveness Day! 

I would like to hope that I don’t need to explain to anyone the importance of forgiveness or what it means, but just in case, Wikipedia defines it as “the renunciation or cessation of resentment, indignation or anger as a result of a perceived offence, disagreement, or mistake, or ceasing to demand punishment or restitution.” In other words – letting things go and moving on! Is it hard to do? Yep! Is it worth it in the end? Double yep! If there is one thing I have learned from the events I have had happen to me over the passed couple of months it’s to forgive and left let go. 

Look, let’s face it – we’re humans. We mess up. We get hurt and we hurt. Is it intentional? Not always. So why do we wear it? What good is it really doing any of us? If anything it’s taking away from our ability to live our lives to the fullest. Life is too short to be harbouring all of these negative feelings. So today, take a minute or two, and make a conscious decision to move forward, to let go, to forgive. If we can just all accept our imperfection as people, than maybe we can all work toward finding a healthy way to live together. I know I’m tired of being upset by people I care about hurting me in the past. And that's just it - it's in the past! Don’t we all win when we let go and forgive?

This makes two rants in two days! Vote on today’s poll by clicking here…please!

No comments:

Post a Comment