Tuesday, July 09, 2013

National Sugar Cookie Day


It’s National Sugar Cookie Day. …Really? In July? Strange. I would have pegged this for more of a December thing. I’ll take it.

Sugar cookies are a delicious variety of cookie “made from sugar, flour, butter, eggs, vanilla, and either baking powder or baking soda.” These cookies can come in many different shapes and sizes. As noted in my confusion above, they tend to be most popular around the Christmas Holiday season. At that time of year, they are generally found in Christmas shapes (trees, stars, wreaths, etc.).  Some decorate them with icing, while others leave them, shall we say, naked. 
(Image found at: http://www.delish.com/cm/delish/images/yD/sugar-cookies-lg.jpg)

Be sure to enjoy one or two (or a dozen) today. Just remember the wise words of my grade 11 math teacher – “A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!”

You think that’s good advice? I’ll one up it! Vote on today’s daily poll

No comments:

Post a Comment