Wednesday, July 24, 2013

National Parents Day


Happy National Parents Day to all of the parents out there! 

I was really excited to write this post originally, as I knew it would give me an opportunity to talk about my amazing Mom. However, just over two months ago, she passed away in an unfortunate accident. Learning how to live without her has been a constant struggle, but is not without its moments of humour and inspiration – just as she was when she was alive.
This is "The Mujjie" as I called her, taking a phone call from my brother when he was away from home for Christmas a few years ago!
The point of today is to show appreciation to those who either gave us life, or brought us up. Parents play an important role in shaping who we become. I was so lucky to have the Mom that I did. A single mother who often struggled to make ends meet, did so with such a positive attitude many, including those closest to her, didn’t even know! Look, I realize not all parents are as wonderful and supportive as my Mom was, but I have to believe that they try to do the best they can. Some are good at this, some are not. So, today, call your Mom and/or Dad and tell them how much you appreciate the sacrifices they have made for you!

Not to nag, but would you mind voting on today’s poll? Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment